IBM Connections Reference
With more than 10,000 employees, this manufacturing company wanted to continue to expand their use of IBM Connections. They needed to facilitate communications and improve efficiency among their world wide manufacturing facilities and sales offices.
This organization was already a social business with teams organized around opportunities and a high amount of collaboration. To upgrade to Connections 4.5, they began with a small pilot of 200 people in 2010 and now have rolled Connections out to over 3,000 people with plans for more.
The focus of the Connections roll-out was on communities with teams consisting of members in different locations and countries collaborating.
This client has a very good user adoption and training program. They have made the decision to upgrade from version 4 to 4.5 to allow the training team to on-board a greater number of users before the move to version 5.
The RockTeam Connections expert led the way to:
- Install and Configure Connections 4.5
- Customize and configure to client specification
- Re customize the theme due to differences between V4 and V4.5
- Run a test data migration from the current live system.
- Configure for Connections mail and SSO with existing systems.
- Working with client and team to ensure the training team have everything they need to on-board new users.
- Ongoing support for the current system.
The roll out of Files and Profiles to all IBM Notes entitled users will be implemented at version 4.5.
SAML integration for Single sign on is a current project for this client.