The RockTeam were 5 strong at Lotusphere Connect 2013: Doug Morrison, Brian Wert, Phil Dipietro, Marco Zanchi, and Patience Rockey.
We shared our expertise:
- Marco Zanchi conducted a session on DB2. He provided the audience with some great tips on how to deploy and optimize this important IBM middle ware.
- Doug Morrison and Brian Wert led a discussion on how to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership of moving email to IBM SmartCloud. How would the costs of deployment and support compare to an on premise solution? We made available to the attendees a spreadsheet which they could use with their own team.
We learned from others:
- IBM presented upcoming plans in the opening session. Sandy Carter led the discussion on how to leverage Social Business. We got a look at the upcoming release of Lotus Domino integrating robust social business tools. We also say how Kenexa, a new member of the IBM family, leverages the latest human resource research to help their clients select, develop and maintain a productive workforce. View Video
- Social Analytics is becoming a major part of the IBM strategy, which was highlighted in the OGS. View Video
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s OGS keynote speech about social collaboration in the Independent Film industry was enlightening and motivating. It truly shows the power of Social Collaboration tools! View Video About 5 minutes in Joe is introduced. www.hitrecord.org is his organization.
- There were many presentations on how clients were leveraging Connections to help their staff become more productive and to connect to their wider community. For example, Cargill University showed how they are leveraging Connections to create a virtual student center – a sign of things to come in higher education?
- The benefits of and issues around moving applications to the Cloud were analyzed and presented. Imagine our pleasure when one of our clients, Flowline components, was highlight in one of the keynote sessions. IBM even put our logo up there as well. View Video (Flowline 11 minutes in. Rockteam 38 minutes in)
Many lines of business (Director of HR, CFOs, CEOs) have much more potential to become more social. Using a social software (Connections, SmartCloud for Social Business, Sametime) on a major internal project can really increase adoption and awareness. $1 trillion dollars is still out there yet to be unlocked and 25% productivity gains are possible in all verticals. Of the ones using social, 90% are seeing benefits!
We had FUN!!!:
- Many of our new and old friends joined us on Wednesday evening in the bar of the Yacht Club for drinks and friendship.
- The Fun continued at Universal Studios for the IBM Connect 2013 Party. Afterwards, Phil Dipietro entertained the crowd with his Karaoke skills. In keeping with the theme of the week, his rap featured the benefits of IBM Social Software! View Video
We look forward to seeing you there in 2014!