IBM Customer Reference
This Systems Integrator was preparing to roll out Lotus Notes 8.5. They wanted to speed the software adoption and to get their staff to use more of the advanced Notes features. This would increase their ROI and the expected benefits such as collaboration, increased productivity, customer service etc.
They asked The RockTeam to design and deliver training to facilitate their goals. The training would be delivered by The RockTeam staff in partnership with a Systems Integrator trainer to carry on after the initial rollout. The training would also be taped and added to their learning management system for use by new hires.
This company is a world-class prime systems integrator and electronic systems provider known for its rapid, innovative, and agile technology solutions. Fast-growing and widely diversified, it is a high-tech electronics, engineering, and manufacturing corporation that continues to expand its impressive portfolio of capabilities, programs, products and services.
The Solutions Integrator was preparing to roll out Notes 8.5.2/3 to its users, upgrading from 188.8.131.52. They wished the staff to transition easily to the new version and use it to increase their productivity – to enhance the company’s ROI and increase the benefits of the software.
To that end, they were interested in developing and presenting teaching sessions that would:
- Show the significant new features of 8.5
- Demonstrate advanced Lotus Notes 8.5 and Sametime features deemed of use to individuals in their community
- Be utilized and delivered in different ways: instructor-led delivery in the various offices and incorporation into their existing learning system, and into Sametime Meeting delivery system
- Offer one hour sessions that can either be delivered live or available to watch through its Learning System.
- Be specific as to how they wanted their employees to use Notes and Sametime in their environment
The RockTeam and the Integrator worked together to identify the Lotus Domino 8.5.3 training topics to be covered and the procedures for its delivery. In the process, they allocated the tasks as follows:
The RockTeam was responsible for and performed the following tasks.
- Developed the content of seminars and delivered a Beta session online by November 22nd.
- Made any recommended changes and recorded the seminars by Nov 27th.
- Provided finished recordings for installation into the client’s learning management system by December 8
- Provided on site scheduled trainings
The Solution Integrator accomplished the following in a timely manner.
- Provided final approval of basic content and advanced topics by November 7th.
- Provided a team to participate in the Beta by November 22th
- Provided classroom seminar locations with overhead and a technical support person for the onsite sessions.
Benefit of the solution
Thanks to the training, the Systems Integrator users are getting more productive on Lotus Notes 8.5.3 more quickly. The basic users have a better grasp of the new features which can be immediately leveraged. The more advanced users have been introduced to power features they might not have employed in earlier versions.
The training was delivered to approximately 500 employees at 4 sites across the United States. In addition, the taped versions were added to the clients Learning Management System for the remaining 1,600 users, many at more remote locations, to view.
End user course feedback averaged between 1 & 2 on the five point Likert scale with 1 being the highest.
“The training has gone very well and there has been very good feedback from the students and management. Folks are excited about beginning to use the new features of Lotus Notes 8.5.3.”
Project Completion: 2011